How Do I Do A Ouija Board?
Ok, my default answer is DON’T ! But I know that some of you will go right ahead and do it anyway. A ouija board is not a toy, or a particularly effective psychic development tool. It can be a shortcut to spirit communication but you are unlikely to establish contact with your nearest and dearest. If you want to know more about why I think you shouldn’t do a ouija board, or what to make of your ouija board experience if you’ve already had a go, take a look at this article: “What to make of your ouija board experience”
Ideally if you ARE going to give a ouija board a go you should do so as part of an established and experienced psychic development group, or have alot of experience in psychic development work. But the chances are if you’re not experienced in such matters, you want to have a go to see what it’s all about so if you’re dead keen on doing it, you’ll probably ignore what I’ve said so far! Whether you’re experienced or not, there are some simple steps to take to make sure you have as positive an experience as possible.
If You’re Going To Do A Ouija Board Anyway Here Are Some Rules
- Use a bespoke or permanent ouija board, make one yourself – see below
- Turn off the lights – the darkness will increase your fear levels and may encourage someone to ‘cheat’ while they can’t be seen as easily
- Drink or use any drugs before during or directly after having a go with the ouija board
- Perform a ouija board at a location known to be haunted (unless you are all very good mediums with excellent energetic and protection skills)
- Use one large piece, or a number of smaller bits of paper with the letters written on, and burn them all afterwards
- Put energetic or psychic protection measures in place before you start – for information on this read my “psychic protection article” The suggestions relating to visualisations and asking for psychic protection are most relevant here
- Close and ground your energy once you have finished – a simple prayers of thanks to your spirit guides will help. Tea and toast or chocolate biscuits will also help to bring you back to reality.
- Work with close friends that you know well and trust absolutely
- Have a laugh – while you need to treat this type of exercise seriously, don’t feel that you need to be too serious while doing it, laughter keeps the energy positive
- Have one person who can make notes about what information is spelled out
- Stop if you feel scared AT ALL or if you feel uncomfortable or jumpy
You may think this is going over the top, and you may find that you don’t get a whole lot of information from your ouija board when you employ these methods. This may be because you are filtering out the malevolent spirits – which is exactly what you need to do in order to have a positive experience. If you are serious about your own psychic development, then this will not be the best way to work on it. You would be better off starting at the beginning and learning the basics of energy work, meditation and other similar skills and developing from there. I would encourage you to try dowsing rather than a ouija board, as a beginners subject as you can get great results quickly from it, without any of the negative connotations. Information on dowsing can be found in this article: “3 Tips For Tapping Into Your Psychic Abilities.”
By Helen Leathers. Helen is a lifelong intuitive, clairvoyant and medium, some would say psychic. Helen prefers the term ‘a naturally modern mystic’. She is also a business owner, author, very proud aunt (and great aunt), friend, trainer, coach, Reiki Master, NLP practitioner, and public speaker. Throwing the headscarf off of the cliched image of what it means to be spiritual, and especially psychic.
P.S. Some people prefer to use the term angel board, as opposed to ouija board as it feels less threatening or scary, it’s up to you, but the same rules still apply regardless of its name.