“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.”
We all have times in our lives when things seem to be going wrong, or off on a tangent.
We might doubt ourself, our decisions, our faith (whatever you might call it) or all three. It can be tempting to indulge yourself for a time in feeling sorry for yourself, and there certainly are times when that feels justified. It’s at times like these that the light that shines from other people, their support, their encouragement and their faith in us, keeps us going – if we let it.
But there is something else that can make a huge difference to how we handle these situations, these bumps along the way, and that is our own spark of humanity. As the quote above says, our light may go out, but I believe that there is always a part of it left glowing deep within the embers. While this can be re-ignited by the spark, or light of another person – through a kind word, action or just by their presence – we too can begin to bring it back to life again or at least feel its presence so that we know it hasn’t deserted us entirely.
How can we do that when we feel so low?
It’s simple, although not always easy; be kind to others, be grateful and always give a smile. When your actions are acknowledged by another, when you realise that even at your lowest points you can make a difference, then you know that all is not lost. You might not know it immediately, but you will in time.
All may not be as you thought it should, but that just means things are different. You can get back on track with a little help from those around you, and from within you.
A Few Ideas To Help You To Get Your Spark Back
- Sometimes you need virtual support from websites and inspirational people online – make the most of the technology that allows us to reach across the world and help others. Subscribe to a blog that inspires you, ‘like’ a facebook page, sign up to receive a daily inspirational quotes.
- Never under estimate a kind word, a ‘good morning’ to a stranger, or a smile; small gestures can change someone’s day, and their life. Do a simple thing for others and it will help you to startand feelmore poitive in yourself.
- Music and verbal communication are all uplifting so don’t stay silent if you’re feeling low. Talk to someone (anyone!) or put some music on (even if you don’t feel like it).
- Pay someone a compliment.
- Say thank you to a friend or family member for their help or support, or for something they have done for you recently.
- Let a friend know that you’re not feeling great – asking for help can be a huge challenge, but wouldn’t you want your friend to turn to you if they needed you? Talks things through, or don’t and go out or have a bit fun together to take your mind away from what is concerning you.
And when you’re feeling particularly alive and vibrant and all is right in your world it’s even better. It’s your turn! You will naturally help to uplift and inspire others so easily.
I would love to hear how you get your spark back, or how someone has inspired you. Share the love, shine the light, and spread the magic today! Leave your comment below, or on my facebook page – and share this article with a friend, it could make all the difference.