Are You Living Intuitively? Would You Prefer To Be?
A while ago I did a quick survey and discovered that the majority of people know they are intuitive, but don’t always go with their gut instinct. In most cases they regret this as their intuition is always right. However, in the survey there were a few people who didn’t feel they were particularly intuitive, and would like to be more so – they would like to start living intuitively.
Very few people always go with their intuition 100% of the time (myself included). Why is that when they know it’s always been right in the past?
Here’s my take:
- Sometimes our intuition tells us things we would rather not know, such as, perhaps that we shouldn’t trust someone.
- Our intuition may tell us things that put us in a difficult position.
- Or we may reject our gut reaction because we always want to see the best in people and give them a chance (I’m guilty of this).
- Or we weigh things up sensibly and rationally and HAVE to go with the ‘wrong’ (non-intuitive) option because we can’t ‘justify’ doing anything else (I’ve learnt not to do this).
- Another reason is (and it pains me to admit, but I am definitely guilty of this) our intuition tells us something but we know we can’t prove it, so we ignore it in case we’re wrong.
These things are us NOT living intuitively!
We also find that sometimes the world is too noisy for us to hear our intuition, or we’re too busy, or we’ve forgotten what it sounds like.
We are no longer totally reliant on our wits or awareness to remain safe and alive as our ancient ancestors would have been so we don’t trust ourselves, or hear that inner voice anymore.
This is not living intuitively either!
My suggestion, if you want to start living intuitively is to make time to start listening again. Creat some quiet to hear, some space to re-connect. I continue to make some time to do this on a regular basis. I make a little apology to myself for all the times I’ve ignored that feeling, seen but pushed it away, silenced that inner voice, or even those huge great alarm bells that have been clanging.
I want to be living intuitively all the time, I want to help you to do the same.
P.S. Next time, I’m going to write about re-building that intuitive connection with ourself again so that we can really start living intuitively.