All of these tips will help you in developing your intuition and to hear it more often.
Each tip creates a space in which to start hearing your intuition or to allow your inner voice to make itself known.
Here Are My Top Ten Tips For Developing Your Intuition
- Do the washing up by hand. I know this is an odd one but you have no idea how many things come to me when I do the washing up. You go in to a bit of a trance-like state (provided you’re on your own and not nattering away to a friend or the kids). I know I’m not the only one that this happens to and this suggestion is dedicated to my lovely friend Christina for reminding me of it. I know this is one way that you tap in to and reconnect with hearing your intuition.
- Meditation: A time to switch off the conscious part of your mind. Meditation isn’t as hard as you might think. With regular practice you will find that it not only refreshes your mind but you will get inspired with new ideas and thoughts as a result.
- Yoga: I suppose this is similar to meditation in many ways but I think it also reinforces our energetic and mind/body/spirit connection, not just within ourself but with others and the universe as a whole.
- Brisk walk or a run out in nature: Hearing your intuition isn’t just about chilling out. Anything active like running is great, especially when you get in to the zone where your body just goes and your conscious mind switches off. Again it creates a trance-like state that allows you to access the intuitive side of yourself.
5. Find your creativity:
Writing, poetry, acting, dance, crafts, knitting, painting, drawing are some examples. I believe everyone has something creative they can do and somehow tapping in to the creative part of your mind helps you to find inspiration and start hearing your intuition too.
6. Don’t over-indulge: If you eat too much at mealtimes or feel uncomfortable in your body, the focus of your mind can become very much your physical self. This stops you from hearing your intuition. When I am neither hungry or full, and feel hydrated and healthy, that is when I can be most intuitive.
7. Drive in silence: I have had times when I’ve done a lot of driving. I usually listen to local radio, music or personal development CDs. Sometimes this and the constant road noise just gets too much for me so I turn off the radio/CD player and drive in silence. It’s weird at first but then you start hearing your intuition once more; to have ideas, or thoughts and find that solutions pop in to your head etc. You don’t need to try, just be silent or a while.
8. Healing or energy work: If you know how, give yourself healing. If not, get some healing or energy work done by someone else. This is an amazing way to connect with your inner voice.
9. Get an early night, and not just one. If you’re sleeping well everything else in life will be easier! Also I find that I’m more likely to have an intuitive flash as I go to sleep or as I’m waking up. Or I’ll wake up with fabulous ideas in the middle of the night. (Keep a pen and paper by your bed otherwise you won’t remember in the morning.
I’m Very passionate About Getting good Sleep! For more on this take a look at my article here.
10. Talk it through: If you have someone you can talk to about spiritual thoughts and philosophy, do it. It’s amazing how you can start chatting about something and have no real concept of what your personal thoughts are on the subject, and after a while of discussion, you are having amazing moments of inspired thought and formulating great ideas and beliefs. (Christina and Diane thank you for all the moments just like this.)
BONUS TIP –
Remembering those times that you have been intuitive will help you to reconnect with your intuition – you can read more on this subject in my article, Remember You Are Intuitive!
I hope these have inspired you and that you will go on to re-connect with your inner-knowledge in whatever way you discover works for you so that you can really start developing your intuition.
If you’d like further support developing your intuition, take a look at my online training, Intuition 101.
Transformational Women's Coach, Trainer, Speaker & Author
Combining a spiritual outlook, a pragmatic approach, and a sense of humour I want to help you remember who YOU are and reveal YOUR path so you can step on to it empowered, energised, inspired and guided.
What are your thoughts or questions? Let me know below